Wednesday, March 12, 2014

First Run After Surgery

Yesterday I had the pleasure of returning to running after almost a month off due to kidney stone extraction surgery.  Omg was it slow going and further more, I feel like I lost a lot of progress.  This week is solely devoted to getting the legs pumping again. Starting Sunday, I have exactly 3 weeks left until my half marathon. I was up to running 10miles and now I can barely run 2. I am so disheartened but I am also determined to get myself up there without injury.
I ran yesterday 2 miles, today was a little more with hill sprints. My shins ache a bit, but I am feeling good about being able to get out there. I think I will take tomorrow off and try to get out there and run at least a 4 miler on Friday.  I know it's all mental. I need some positive mental boosting.
Here are some past photos of me and my girls running on the trail. I put them up for a mental boost for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment