Sunday, April 13, 2014

Gulf Coast Half Marathon

      Today I ran the Gulf Coast half marathon. I surprised myself.  I was doing good and didn't hit the wall until about 7 miles in. I think I mentally prepared myself better today than I did last year. I also bought a water belt, brought my sunscreen chapstick, premedicated with immodium and motrin to help hit off any problems.
       I didn't do as great as I had hoped but I did beat my  time from last year. Last year I ran it in 3:03:07 AND this year it was 2:57 seconds.  I had family there to help spur me on and my friend Amanda came to cheer me on.  I was so happy to see them.
       I was hot and sweaty but doing great.  I have to say that after last year's half, I was so sore and stiff but this year I actually am not sore at all.
        I also noted that I didn't have that overwhelming thirst that I got last year while running. I did however let a lot of the kids cheering us on squirt me with squirt guns and I made sure to run under every sprinkler I could.  I did contemplate running into the water..lol.
This couple did the half today, one day after they got married. They did a triathalon last year.  They had to be in their 60's and still going strong.


 Amanda coming to show some support.

No comments:

Post a Comment