Sunday, August 3, 2014

Nervous and having doubts.

 Has anyone had doubts that they couldn't finish their first marathon while training and yet on race day did fine?  I am having some serious doubts about my ability to finish this race.  I have not once doubted myself on any of my other goals that I set for myself but this one.
I tried to log 10miles Friday night and couldn't finish. I had to have my hubby come pick me up. I literally shut down at 7 miles.
It really drags me down mentally.  I was thirsty and hot. I had drank damn near all my water and had 3 more miles to go. It's really rather depressing to me.
I don't know how to get out of this mental block.
I did find a new training plan. It's a 16 week plan and since my marathon is 14 weeks out I am ok with starting at week 3.  This weeks long run is 7 miles.  I pray this one goes more smoothly. It is a novice training plan. While I don't believe I am a novice runner, I am a novice marathoner in training.
Praying for a miracle and hoping that I can find a circle of friends to keep me motivated and mentally boosted.
On a side note, I won a 100 dollar gift certificate to my favorite running store, Running Wild, toward a new pair of shoes. I had just told my husband I needed a new pair as I had been running in my Newtons for two years now. Obviously time to break in a new pair before the big race.
I have Amanda Brown to thank. She registered me for the race as she is running it with me and voila, I won the gift certificate.  I bought her lunch in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment