Thursday, January 30, 2014

Florida Freeze

I biked last Monday thinking it was going to be not so bad, but boy did my arse hurt. I did 14 miles thinking it would give my shins a break but man, I need a padded seat. Kudos to bikers.
So I ran last Wednesday and I was super slow. I ran almost 9 miles with an average pace of 11:44. True to my Snailrunning name. I took a break as I worked for 12 hour shifts and was tired, left work Monday morning to go to my second job. I was too exhausted to run on Monday. Tues the freezing rain started. Yes, we had freezing rain here in Florida. So for two days, it was a no go and the it didn't melt until today. I refused to run on a treadmill especially days before a race.
A group of us from work are running the Pensacola Double Bridge Run this Saturday, a 15k, and I am sure I will be the last one to cross that finish line. I miss running, I feel like I'm getting cabin fever and it's only been a couple days in the freezing weather.  I can't imagine living up north again Missing running is making me depressed....
Praying we all make a safe journey across that finish line.
Pics are from our little freeze here in Florida. My girls and I excited to see something that resembled snow.







No comments:

Post a Comment