Sunday, January 19, 2014

memory of meg

So this week our running communities have lost a fellow runner to a drunk driver while out running. Meg Menzies, mother of 3 was hit and killed by a drunk driver and runners across the globe United to dedicate miles to her. I was completely in awe of the unity runners have shown. Makes me proud to say it. I am a runner. I belong to this wonderful group of people who share the same passion for this sport.
I dedicated this whole weeks runs to her. I could only muster through one mile on Saturday as my shins needed rest. Tomorrow I'm suppose to run 4 miles but I'm biking instead. I need more days rest to prepare for my long run. I have also been doing a 30 day butt challenge....Damn do my thighs hurt.
Well the I'm double bridge run is Feb 1st. Lots of my co workers running, we aretrying to set up a carb load dinner before the night of race. I'm excited about it. Should be fun. Last big race before my half marathon in April.




Some pics dedicated to Meg and some I have to read to remind myself, slow is ok, quitting is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment