Friday, January 10, 2014

Hydrating before the race

  So tomorrow is the Pensacola Beach Run 10k. I have been trying to hydrate well tonight. It is something that I don't do enough of, especially for the longer runs. I did hear on the t.v. (I think on Good Morning America) and read it somewhere (don't recall where) that even drinking caffeinated beverages such as my addiction Diet Mountain Dew constitutes as hydrating myself. The t.v. show said that there was no real clinical difference between drinking the cup of coffee versus water in terms of hydration. It equated essentially the same thing. Hydration. Today however, I only drank one diet Dew and have been drinking my other favorite drink orange powerarde zero. 
  The race is at 0730 and about 45 minutes away (due to traffic). Poor Mel, she is so not an early bird at all and she works 3-11. I will have to bang on her dang door like I'm the police, just to get her to get her arse up. She is a slow mover in the morning. I believe she knows it's worth it though. We ran it last year and I almost died afterwards..lol That was the race that she was on such a high on afterward. It was her virgin 5k. She's popped that cherry now and has become an adrenaline running whore and I can honestly say that with such sincerity as she knows what I mean. I had cajoled her with "oh come on Mel, it's only 3 miles" 
I haven't convinced her to do the 10k yet, but hey, it's just the beginning of the New Year. There is always hope.
It's suppose to be rainy tomorrow, which the race will still go on, unless there is lightening. I can handle rain, just not cold windy rain. As they said in my Marine Corps days, "if it ain't raining, you ain't training"
well time to ice shins, and rest up
praying for a good time.
Happy Running.

No comments:

Post a Comment