Tuesday, December 31, 2013

End of the year

So here we are, the last hour of 2013 for central time people like me. I officially logged 370+ miles on my Nike running app. Super excited about that as I am also excited to see what the New year will bring. Finally revamped my 15 week half marathon training schedule. Getting a little excited to train even as I sit here with ice on my right shin..Lol..
Dedication, determination, or crazy..Lol don't know which. It actually has rest days put in the schedule three of them as I am no longer considered a novice runner. Yay. No elite runner by any means, but no longer qualify for novice. The novice training schedules start with low mileage of like 3 to 4 miles being the first long run of week one. I am definitely not back tracking to a 4 mile long run. So in revamping my schedule, instead of increasing my mileage by a mile a week, I did it in half mile increments to help prevent injury.
Well I learned a lot this year, and hope to continue to learn more this year.
I have one challenge still going, that of trying to log 75 miles in 30 days. I have until January 6th. We'll see. Lol Mona has already completed and then some.
The new challenge by Faithfully Fit Forward starts Jan 1st that I am doing. You are required to log 365 miles in 365 days, run, walk or crawl to log the miles. Looking forward to it.
So here it is, New Year, new miles. Happy running my friends. Keep your goals attainable, and yet reach outside your comfort zone or you may never find your maximum potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment