Tuesday, December 10, 2013

yep, reaffirmation that running hurts

So it's been a few days since my last blog. I have been running everyday in an effort to complete the December run challenge. I have run a few days of only one mile to preserve my shins. Sunday I started a new challenge. I must complete 75miles in 30 days and I have challenged Mona Dervin to run it with me. So far she is about four miles ahead of me as I have been battling shin splints and trying to complete this December run everyday challenge. Saturday my family and a couple of good running friends ran the Blizzard on the beach run with me. It was so cold but I was proud of my girls. They loved the tutus that my friend Sam made. We got complements on how well they looked. Hannah my oldest girl kept up with me for almost 3/4 of a mile then we stopped and waited for my husband and youngest girl Hayleigh to catch up then she ran with them. I tried to catch up with Melissa and Amanda. I pushed myself to catch up. I finally found Mel and slugged her arm as I ran past her. I finally seen Amanda. She was a little harder to catch. I said it before, she has a nice stride so was chucking along nicely.. She slowed down to fix her tutu and it gave me the opportunity to catch up. We ran together for quite a bit then I picked up the pace. I finished in a decent time and waited for the others. I can tell u all this.. I have self diagnosed myself with Raynauds disease. My fingers go stark white and numb in the cold. It has been happening since I was in high school and my dummy self just realized what it was. As a nurse I should have seen it long sgo.
Todays running extraordinary event brought forth some PR's for me. I ran my fastest 5k.ever..26:24 sec. Idk how it happened but it did. I was on a high after todays run.

No comments:

Post a Comment