Tuesday, December 3, 2013

December Run Challenge

So December 1st was my first day back out there and let me tell you I was not pretty.  I was very weak but I managed to do 4 miles.  December 1st started the first day of our December run challenge. You must run every day for the month of December, minimum mileage per day is one mile. Today is day 3. I have completed on day one 4.0 miles, second day 4.1 and today I ran 9.15 miles.
Let me tell you about today. I was tired and fighting dehydration. I have been on antibiotics for 6 days and yesterday evening I started with diarrhea. I was upset, my stomach was aching.  I couldn't believe it. So I started pushing fluids as  I had already planned on running 9 miles the next day.  I was up all night running to the commode.  Talk about tired.
I stuffed some toilet paper in my capri pants and headed out.  I started feeling the cramps about 4 miles in but they went away. Believe it or not it was the heat that got to me. I should've gone earlier when I got up to get my youngest on the bus.  Thankfully their is a drinking fountain on the trail so I had that to look forward to. I am exhausted an my legs hurt. It's not from running but from doing a damn squat challenge this month too.  I must be crazy. lol 
anyway my 9.15 was completed in 1:39:54 sec.. my average pace 10:55.  my splits 1- 11:12, 2- 10:46, 3- 10:02, 4-10:25, 5-10:38, 6-11:02, 7-10:38, 8-11:55, 9- 11:08.  as you can see mile 8 was a killer.
Big shout out to all my friends doing the December run challenge with me :) Thanks for keeping me motivated.
I also have 4 days to complete the 60 mile challenge in 30 days. I have 4 days to get the remaining 7 miles done.. I believe I might actually do it this time
Happy Running my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment