Sunday, December 22, 2013

Waiting

So I have not run in a week, come tomorrow. I have been down in the dumps over it. I didn't realize just how much of a mood elevator it was for me. I started having more intense shin splint pain, but knew it was worse than that as the pain kept me up at night, and I was not able to fully bear weight on my right leg. Dr ordered xrays, still waiting on the results. IF it's a stress fracture it may not show up on the xray unless it's in the healing phase, in that case she may be ordering an MRI. PRoblem I am having is, I had the damn xray last tuesday. They need to call me asap. I need to know if a weeks rest is good or am I out for 6-8 weeks. I have two runs in the next 6 weeks, one of which is the Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k. I have been super excited to run that race this year. I will be extremely saddened if i can't run it. So praying for good news.
I am allowed to bike, so will be investing in a bike to continue to exercise.
I think part of why i hurt so bad this time was that I did what I had set out to do and that was picking up the pace. I have done some research and that can really aggravate and stir up problems.
I am thinking of my 2014 New Year's Resolutions. One keeps playing in my head. I want to run a marathon this year. I know it will require a lot of mental and physical energy but i am just as determined to accomplish this goal as i was the half marathon this year.
Christmas is a couple of days away. i hope you all are having some happy Holiday Running. Merry Christmas from my family to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment