Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Just a run to get my Zen back

       Just when I thought I was getting better, I get slammed again with another bout of freaking illness. This crap is for the birds.  I have completed a total of three runs since my last blog. None of which are any PR times for me but I had to get out there and do it.  I ran 5.35 miles on the 23rd and I can tell you, my legs felt like dead weight. I just didn't want to pick them up or put them down. Then on Sunday, I felt achy in my back and neck but headed out for a small run. I knew I as tired and not feeling well, plus I put my compression capris on in the dark, but while I was running, my pants kept sliding down. I though "surely I couldn't have lost that much weight?"  Then as I got further into my run, I kept seeing this annoying shadow off the side of my leg. I finally investigated it further. It was the damn tag that is usually on the inside of the pants.  I had put my damn pants on inside out. I'll blame it on the illness. I contemplated hopping off the trail to fix them but then remembered I had on hot pink panties that would be a beacon for any other runners or bikers on he trail. I left them just as they were.  My youngest was sick with cold and fever so I had to stop on the way home after my run to buy some cough medicine. I only did 4 miles but by the time I got home, I was running a damn temp myself.  WTF? I can't seem to catch a break from these back to back sicknesses. Thankfully, I wasn't scheduled to work that night and then I got put on call Monday. I slept for like two days.  Today, I still was feeling a little weak but was so damn frustrated with some personal things that I had to get back my mojo. I went out and did a small 4 miler and let me tell you, it gives you some immense peace after a run. I wasn't running hard or fast, just going with it. It was 50 degrees and misty out. I thank God that I can get out there and do it. Saturday, Amanda and I are doing a 10k race to benefit type 1 diabetes.  It's a color run at that. Hopefully the weather will be nice and we can enjoy the run.  I have11 days to meet my 60 mile goal. I have logged 35.78 miles so far, which means I have 11 day to log 24.22 miles. I believe I can do this. If I can accomplish that task, then I will up the anty and go for a bigger goal.
Happy running everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment