Friday, November 29, 2013

Grrrr Sickness

Haven't run in a few days. I have been wiped out with a double ear infection, sinus infection, and bronchitis. I felt heavy pressure in my chest and my ears ached deep inside and my voice was completely gone. I decided it was time for follow up. Doc put me out for several days from work. I still feel weak, but starting to feel a little better. Voice is starting to come back.
I am a little disappointed as I was scheduled to do a 10k run tomorrow and  I had to cancel. I am not ready to run that far just yet. I will however start a run everyday challenge starting December 1st. Even if I only run half a mile sunday or other days, the goal is to run every day for the whole month.
It's possible.
I am thinking I again won't be making my goal of 60miles in 30 days due to this damn illness. I have 8 days left to log too many miles. Completely disappointed.
I did do some research and found athletes are more prone to cold infections. Taking a supplement 200 mg or more (not to exceed 2gm a day) can help prevent cold infection in athletes.
worth a shot to me
well gonna sign off.
Happy running  my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment