Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Interval runs today

Didn't sleep well last night, then had to get up and go do some precepting for my BSN classes. Still was exhausted when I returned home, but got out there and put some mileage in. I decided to do some interval training after reading a snippet from Women's Running Community - WRC's.  A woman reported her run time was not really any different when she ran a full length 10k versus when doing it with run/walk intervals. Then I started reading the responses to her post and learned of the Galloway Method, as in Jeff Galloway. Today, I decided to see how it went.  I did run 1. 25 miles, walked a minute and then ran again. I noticed my pace after taking the break walking was anywhere from 7:50 to 10mins. I was moving a lot faster when I was running. I ended up running 3.01 miles in 33:28 today with an overall pace of 11:04. I was shocked. I may have to give this more thought. I do have to say that my shins flared up today pretty good.  I only wore my compression sleeves. I now know that I must wear KT tape and compression sleeves together to get optimal results. 
Color run is this Saturday. 3 days and a wake up:)
I am learning  new things as I go along on this quest to PICK UP THE PACE. Next week my goal is to have a long run of 5 miles. I hope I can succeed or should I say, I know I will succeed.
Signing off for now, as I am super tired still. I did not get the endorphin high after today's run for some reason, perhaps because I pushed myself hard during my run intervals?
Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment