Saturday, October 12, 2013

Sometimes you stop the training just to have some fun

Today, I ran a 5k run just for fun. The Color Run in Mobile Alabama with Amanda Brown.
It was so fun. I think we walked a 5k just to the starting line..lol
We had discussed just walking it, but for some reason, I don't know if it was her idea or mine, we started running. She did fabulous today. We did stop to smell the roses as you might say, or to get blasted with Color but it was all in the name of fun.
My shins hurt some, but I hadn't really planned on running too much so I didn't tape nor wear my compression sleeves. I wore something entirely different. :) We ran the 5k in 40:39 seconds at a 12:25 minute pace. Slow, fun and several stops the color stations.
Tomorrow, God willing, I will be hitting a 5miler. Time's a ticking for our Marathon Relay, less than a month a way now. I hit 4.5 miles last week so time to up the anty.
Making some dinner and future plans on our outfits for the Blizzard Run. Can't wait. Fun runs relief some of the training stress.
Pics  and a "celebratory completion dance after ColorRun" video to follow. Hope you enjoy and have a blessed day. Today is great because I ran, did you?






















No comments:

Post a Comment