Thursday, October 17, 2013

Rest day

so Amanda and I ran yesterday and we ran about 2.5 miles with a pace of around 10:40. Pretty good for both of us. Then the shin splints kicked in. I had run three days in a row. My body was telling me it was time to rest. We walked the rest home, which equaled over 3miles. I iced my shins and knew I was not going to run today. I also took my girls on a walk at Blackwater Trails. I think that will be my new long run track. It's  nice place to run.
got my tutu for the GlowRun next week. I'm super excited about it. The marathon relay is fast approaching. Next week I will have to either hit 5.5miles or 6, what ever my body is telling me to do.
Ate unhealthy today for the first time in a month and man oh man do I feel icky. Now I know why I don't need to eat shitty food.
I doubt I'll run tomorrow too as I think two days of rest is good and I will get some exercise walking at work. I will probably run again on Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment