Monday, October 7, 2013

Rest Day

So today, I forced myself to have a rest day. It is just as important as training as those sore muscles need to heal. My house smells of bengay. My husband hates it, my girls and and I, we love it.  My calves and ankles and the tops of my feet are tender.  I carb loaded tonight for my run tomorrow. I made homemade healthy version of lasagna. The recipe I got off of Pinterest.  I am so addicted to that site.  I get motivation from Pinterest and running techniques. 
I am going to have to run at least a 4 miler to pass Holly Deguzman up. Holly and I have a friendly competition going on our Nike running app.  She passed me up today. I met Holly at my job. It's funny how runner's connect to one another.  We gravitate toward each other.  I found a few others at my new job who love to run as much as myself.  So here is a shout out to my good friend and co-worker Holly for helping motivate me with our friendly competition.
Amanda texted me tonight. I am so proud of her. She ran 25 minutes on the treadmill without stopping. For her, it's a huge accomplishment. She was using a training app that had her alternating running and walking. She has progressed wonderfully.
Donna, that girl is nuts. She got up at 3am for her run. I love running but I don't know if  I could get up out of bed that early.  Props to her. I do much better getting off work and going right to it. My after work runs are in the morning as I work night shift.
Kelly is starting her Couch to 5k training again. So glad to hear it.
As I have said, runner's gravitate toward each other. We can commiserate over our 'war wounds' aka, running pains.  We can give each other helpful tips.
Four days and a wake up until we do the ColorRun. I am excited for that. It's roughly four weeks until our marathon relay. I am excited to be a part of that.
Did I mention how I came to a decision to do a Marathon Relay?  I had read an article in a running magazine of a guy who asked his family to participate in a marathon relay as his birthday present. His wife and two sons thought he was joking. He was not. They agreed to do it and finished as a family. I had thought, 'how wonderful and fun does that sound?'  Then lo and behold, I find the Marathon Relay, a first for Pensacola. I enlisted some friends and voila, here we are. Donna, first leg, Dawn, second leg, Melissa, third leg, and Myself bringing up the rear. Amanda is going to help shuttle us from one point to another and to cheer us on. Super excited.
So I will sign off for tonight but leave you with two photos, me, moving slower than Timmy the Turtle and a much needed motivational slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment