Monday, October 28, 2013

Getting stronger mentally and physically.

So Friday, I went and did the Glow Run with Amanda Brown. It was a cold night, but fun, I lost her in the crowd. It was so packed. She was battling her own ankle injuries, she completed the run though. Super proud of her..I did run the 5k according to my Nike app 32.40, and it said I actually ran 3.16. Not too bad. My legs hurt afterward. I took a couple days off and then went out and ran 7.1 miles today. I met some new PR's for me. I hit the 5 mile mark in 55:39, and my fastest 10k in 1:08:47. My legs hurt, mostly had crampy calves. Total time for the 7.1 was 1:19:43 seconds. I was super excited about that.
Got to see what our Marathon Relay Medal will look like. Time is ticking and soon all of our team will be earning that medal.  Amanda  Brown, Dawn Pohlen, and Donna Damiano and I will have done a first. :)
Pics, are from the Glow Run.
 
Happy Running Everyone. Remember, keep having fun and every run is some kind of progress. Oh and be sure to use anti-chafe glide when going for those longer runs. You don't think you will chafe, but you will, in those unknown places. You won't feel it until you hit the shower, buttocks crease, undersides of breast, thighs and even where my sports bra loops under my armpits.  Today's advice is brought to you by the case of sweaty booty crease. :) that I kept from chafing due to my glide.  Just keeping it real folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment