Thursday, October 24, 2013

Personal Record set...twice this week

Super excited. This week I set two personal records. On Tuesday I ran 6.1 miles in 1:11:02seconds with an average pace of 11:37. I ran my first 10k this last January in 1:18 minutes. I have realized that I am making progress. I was so happy to see this.
Today was even better. I ran a time that I have not run in years. I ran 4.1 miles in a 10:08 second pace.  I hit the 2 mile marker at 20:30 seconds and picked up the pace at the turn around. I hit 3 miles at 30:08. I was so happy to hear that as I was under my Marine Corps standards of 31 minutes.  Not my fastest that I ran in the Corps but here I am 17 years out from my enlistment day and I ran a 30:08. I continued on finishing the last mile with the thought that I wanted to run 4 miles under 42 minutes and by the grace of God, I did. I ran it in 41:40. I am on cloud nine.
To think I was going to not run today as I was tired and crabby. School has been stressing me out but I got out there and I did it. I talked to myself the whole way. Building myself up for  a strong finish. Little over 2 weeks until the Marathon Relay, with Dawn Pohlen, Donna Damiano, and Amanda Brown. Each have been battling there own injuries during training. This will not be about winning any awards but doing the best we each can do and finishing. I am proud of them all for their hard work and for doing this race with me.
Tomorrow is the Glow Run. super Excited for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment